I’ve been living away from my parents for almost 3 years now. Totally independent, no assist whatsoever. Well, fine, the pick up I drive was bought for me, but waaaay back in law school pa. And they did buy me a new bed when I moved in to my 1st apartment, and gave me my super amazing sofabed that everyone wants to steal.
Anyway, being independent has its perks. But there are moments that I can’t help think about home and mom and dad and the boys. Sa Cainta, feeling princessa ako. Eh ngayon, si Suri na ang princessa. Pfffffft…
So, now that I’m a bit nostalgic, I’ve listed down the top 10 things that I usually think about when missing home:
- My mom’s cooking. Something I unfortunately never took after. I cook once a year for my family, every New Year’s Eve, and I botched it this year pa. Hahahaha! My dad still ate it coz he loves me.
- My dad’s corny jokes during dinner and my mom laughing her head off — sobrang in-love pa rin nila. I’ve seen them in the most horrible fights. Dad camped out in the garage because my mom won’t let him in, but they’re still at it. They’re still mushy and kissy with each other. Blech… sweet, but blech.
- G, my younger brother, singing way too early in the morning and the whole neighborhood can hear. In fair maganda naman boses nya. He even sang at D and Papa O’s wedding (See D’s post on her enchanted wedding)
- Fussing over our Bunso, even though he’s mukhang kapre already at 17, and how he says “Hi, Ate.” And he lets me kiss him on both of his chubby cheeks. Nakita ni P and D lumaki si Bunso.
- My full length wall mirror. Nuf said.
- Just watching TV and having merienda offered to you like every 30 minutes.
- Being the bratty Ate. Ok, I can be bratty from anywhere, pero bilang only girl at panganay, iba ang perks pag nasa bahay ka. Evil ate na kung evil, but it’s fuuuuuunnnn!!! And my brothers adore me… hahahaha!
- Having a captured audience (and critics) when I do a fashion show of my new clothes. Pinakaharsh si G — pero nakikinig naman ako. Minsan when I’m dressing up at my house, I can’t help but think about what G would say… as much as I hate his guts most of the time.
- G teasing/wrestling/lecturing Bunso. G is the astig Kuya. Sobrang OA magalit, OA din mang-inis kay Bunso. Ako ay tagasubaybay lang, at minsan referee.
- My room/car/clothes just magically getting cleaned. Parang nagigising na lang ako or dadating at maayos na sya. Magic talaga. Sana ganun din sa bahay ko.
Uuwi nga ako. Papaluto ako!