Originally posted on January 7, 2013.
Last Sunday, S, P and I were invited to Loudette’s Despedida de Soltera.
A farewell to the single life, the Despedida de Soltera is more than a party or wedding celebration. It is an honoring of the bride through an outpouring of Filipino values such as hospitality and family ties.
In Spanish culture the Despedida de Soltera means simply the bachelorette party, in which the bride is celebrated by her female friends. The Filipino tradition, in contrast, is a family event and is known for being more wholesome than a typical bachelorette party. (Jo Miller)
It was organized by the bride’s family to introduce the family members of the bride and groom and the wedding party before the actual wedding.
The DDS was held at Isabelo Garden’s Rustic Mornings.
Rustic Mornings is a secret restaurant. Buti nalang the bride provided us a very detailed map. Otherwise, lost talaga kami. Eto ang directions:
How to get to Rustic Mornings by Isabelo
- From Katipunan intersection entering Marcos Highway, drive slow and stay on your left side. GO UP THE FLY OVER going to Marikina proper. (this flyover goes to LOYOLA MEMORIAL CEMETERY and the RIVERBANKS)
- Go straight. You will see Riverbanks Mall on your right, Loyola Memorial Cemetery on your left.
- As you go further, you will reach a small bridge.. and at the end of the bridge is a 7-11 store. TURN RIGHT.
- Go straight. You will see a big church on your left, (start driving slow now, 10km/h bec a lot of people still miss the landmarks), OTTO building on your right… next to it is an RCBC bank. A little further and you will see a BIG TREE and a small park on its right side. Turn right to the park.
- You are now in ISABELO MENDOZA ST. Go down the narrow road and when you see a big silver gate, you’ve reached Rustic Mornings by Isabelo 🙂
While reading the directions out loud to Papa O, I said “may pot of gold kaya pag-nakarating tayo dun?” Meron pa kasing “big tree”, “bridge”, “riverbanks”, etc. And yes… may pot of gold nga!!!
The place is perfect for intimate day gatherings. Of course, kelangan magphotoshoot ang TSN. Sayang ang beauty namin… ay ng place pala.
ISABELO was built on faith and love, and these very things are what my mom and I would like everyone to experience and share every time they dine with us.From simple gatherings to grand celebrations, ISABELO sets the mood for everyone to find joy in good food and great company among friends and family. – Portia Dee Baluyut
The rustic Italian ambiance is set in an ancestral house decorated by Portia’s mom.
Just a few months back, my mom and business partner Stephanie Dee-Baluyut made this family legacy live on while helping me make my dream come true.Being an artist, my mom was inspired by the idea of putting up an artsy, rustic-style restaurant within our family compound – just like the way Lola Chit welcomed guests in our home. It was perfect. The Dee compound had the makings of a beautiful “one-with-nature” outdoor café, with its decades-old trees standing proudly on the ancestral grounds, the sprawling vines and the cool breeze naturally setting the rustic mood of the place. – Portia Dee Baluyut
This is the gazebo where the groom proposed.
P and S modelling for D. O di ba?
Ang ganda nila?!?!?
Si P ang Diyosa ng Kawayan!
Papa O and I had to pose too.
Sorry, I had to post this. Ang guwapo ni Papa O!
With the bride and groom
The bride and groom’s parents gave a few words to send off the bride and groom, formally welcoming each of them as part of their growing families. The wedding party was also asked to send-off the bride. Bilang English speaking siya, S was our representative. After warning the groom hehe, S plugged our blog. We were so surprised na may readers kami doon who said, “sa inyo ang The Soshal Network?!?!”
OEHMGEE!!!! Kinilig kami… ganun pala ang feeling haha!
Here are our new friends, Madz, Trixie and Anne.
And meet Jelai Mutuc, ang next Little Ms. Philippines from Pawanaque Citeeeee!!!!
She’s sooooooo cute!!!! Hope Baby A can play with you na!
To Loudette, your dalaga days are not yet over… may bridal shower pa!
And to Mel, “NO RETURN, NO EXCHANGE” ha!!