I tried maintaining a blog once before…years ago… before TSN. Mostly the same kind of concept…writing about Makati…what are my favorite places are.. new discoveries… people I meet… etc.
Anyway, for all other bloggers/writers out there, I’m sure you’ve gone through writer’s block at one point or another. Thing about me is I can’t write unless there’s something that completely captures my attention or interest. It could be a person, an event, a story… literally anything… even a new mixed drink.
So in trying to find some inspiration I turned to reading and revisiting this blog … 1000awesomethings.com.
The guy who started it, Neil Pasricha, was a nobody just like moi, who started a blog about every little or big awesome thing that he could think of. I started reading Awesome Things after I read a feature on The Book of Awesome in Reader’s Digest while taking a dump. The Book of Awesome is Neil’s book which materialized after his awesomely successful blog.
In the article he described what he went through when he first started out writing. When he had absolutely no idea what to type, to people in his office contributing their own awesome tidbits for him to share and how he transformed into a nobody to a best-selling author. I want to write something like that…something that moves people.
So I guess now I’m inspired. And it’s awesome.
Go read it…and here’s a teaser:
- #750 Dangling your feet in water
- #749 The quiet satisfaction of settling the group bill after dinner
- #748 That feeling in your stomach when you go really high on the swings
- #747 Short acceptance speeches
- #746 Getting the last piece of sleep out of your eye
- #745 When someone gives you their last piece of gum
- #744 That smooth feeling on your teeth after you get your braces off
- #743 Taking your high heels off at the end of the night and walking home in bare feet
- #742 The smell of an old hardware store
- #741 When a big chunk of earwax randomly falls out of your ear
- #740 Drinking those little ice crystals floating in your freezing cold glass of Coke
- #739 The sound of barely frozen puddles cracking when you step on them
- #738 When you go out for lunch and come back to a way better parking spot
- #737 Catching somebody singing in their car and sharing a laugh with them
- #736 The smell of Play-Doh
- #735 Doing the moonwalk in your socks
- #734 When the free bread they bring you at the restaurant is warm
- #733 Laughing so hard you make no sound at all
- #732 Taking your glasses or contact lenses off after a long day
- #731 An inbox of personal emails when you wake up in the morning
- #730 When the baby’s diaper isn’t as bad as you were expecting