I would like to share with you another health regimen that I do — Apple cider vinegar.
M introduced me to this back in 2013. Me and a few other friends were over her place and some of the boys were feeling a bit queasy. Too much drinking, too much partying left them less than enthused to have another night out.
Then M brings out a bottle of Bragg’s Apple Cider vinegar. She poured a few glasses of water and put about 2 tsps of apple cider vinegar in each glass. All the boys drank it and was pretty much ready to rumble again within an hour. I’ve since used ACV to cure any stomach problems. It has anti-biotic properties which can help with bacterial-caused tummy pains.
Lately though, I’ve come across some interesting literature. As it turns out, regularly drinking ACV has a lot of health benefits! Here are some things that you can get out of ACV:
1. We already talked about curing stomach issues — some people claim that ACV has pectin which helps stop intestinal spasms
2. It can cure hiccups — have 1 teaspoon full of undiluted ACV instead of a spoonful of sugar
3. Soothes sore throat – ¼ cup ACV to ¼ cup of warm water, and gargle every hour
4. Lowers cholesterol if you down half an ounce a day
5. Prevents indigestion — mix 1tsp ACV, 1 tsp honey and warm water, and drink before hitting the all-you-can-eat buffet
6. Clears stuffy nose – 1 tsp in a glass of water, then blow out your sniffer
7. WINNER REASON — helps you LOSE WEIGHT. 2 tsps in a glass of water everyday before you start off
8. Cures dry scalp and gets rid of dandruff – mix ¼ cup ACV and ¼ cup of water and put in a spray bottle. Spray it on to your scalp then wrap your head in a towel for about 30 minutes. Do this twice a week.
9. It’s a natural toner and can prevent acne. Wash with water mixed with a few tablespoons of ACV in the morning.
10. It can keep you awake and keep your energy up – sa asim nya, magigising ka talaga
11. Kills bad breath. Gargle with some water, or drink a whole teaspoon straight up
12. Gargling with ACV also helps whiten teeth
13. Some studies show that taking a few tablespoons of ACV before going to sleep helps lower and even out glucose levels — good news for diabetics
I use Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, which you can find in most supermarkets (SM Hypermart, Rustan’s, even Landmark). 473 mL bottle cost me Php 151.00. Make sure to shake it before you pour any out.
Enjoy and get healthy!