Hi soshal friends! Can I just share how much I hate anything fake??! Like fake friends, ugh! But more than fake friends, what I hate more are fake brands! Divuuuh?!
And I’m sure, being the soshal people that we are, we know very well how to spot a fake Louis Vuitton. Like you have to check if the patterns match in the outside seams. Very basic.
How about fake Lacoste bags? I’m sure you know that the characteristic Lacoste logo is a green crocodile. So if you see a butiki, bubuli or hunyango, then it’s probably fake right?!
But I bet you don’t know how to spot a FAKE GOOD MORNING TOWEL (GMT)! These people ha. Ever since the GMT became a fashionista must-have (10 Ways to Wear a Good Morning Towel), they’ve been making imitations of it na. Soooo annoying.
So here are some tips on how to spot a fake GMT.
1. Look at the quality of the material. The original GMT is thicker than the fake one. I tried making tapat ng fake one sa sunlight and it’s practically see-through! It’s so tagos…like the regla.
2. Look at the cross hem, ‘yung dulo ng towel. The original is neatly stitched while the fake GMT has fringes. In short, tastas.
3. Pansinin din ang kulay ng stitching. Kapag blue, orig. Kapag red, red alert! It’s a fake!
4. The price. You can purchase both kinds of GMT at your suking suking palengke. The original GMT is usually priced at Php25 while the fake costs Php15 lang. Big diff diba?!
5. Look at the brand name. The fake GMT says “Good Morning”…malamang. Kasi Good Morning Towel nga eh.
But notice that the fake one says “Good Mrning”. Isang letra na lang, tinipid pa!
6. Lastly, and this is probably the most important tip – MAGBASA. In fairness to the fakers, hindi nila ikinukubli na fake. Aminado naman sila…in fact, sinulat pa nila. Look!
So there. I hope you gals will be wary na when buying your collection of GMTs. Remember, it’s the fashion statement of 2015. So don’t leave home without it.