Originally posted on November 28, 2012.
Sinong hindi pa nagkaroon ng hangover dito?
Many a time have I had to suffer the next day’s sunlight after a night of partying … And if any of you are as Engot as I am to go partying on a weekday, you’d know how absolutely excruciating it is to go to work that next morning and even just pretend to function at your job. Minsan Hindi morning ang hangover ko, coz I’d still be a little drunk by the time I’m heading to the office, at tumatama ang hangover ko after lunch na.
I have heard all sorts of remedies to cure a hangover. Some work, some don’t, but I guess it depends on the individual. Here are some of the things I’ve tried or heard (ridiculous or not):
- Malamig na bimpo. Actually hindi ito hang-over remedy, more of pampatanggal ng amats. I learned this from my mom. When my dad used to get wasted (saan kaya ako nagmana), she would get a palangana of ice water, soak a bimpo in it and then slap that thing over my dad’s face. In fair, nagigising ang ama ko. Wide awake and ready to drive —- or have another shot.
- 1 bottle of Gatorade. My army friend actually said this is a total myth, but I’ve done it, and it works for me at least. Drink a bottle of Gatorade before going to lala land to avoid that terrible headache when you wake up.
- Mefenamic acid. Some people don’t care to drink any more liquids before going to bed, for fear na sa sobrang amats eh hindi na sila makatayo and umabot ng banyo in the middle of the night. So, ang isa daw solusyon ay uminom ng Ponstan or some mefanamic acid before going to sleep. Mahimbing pa ang tulog mo.
- Pakwan. Meron naman iba, na para daw hindi tamaan at all, dapat gawing pulutan ay watermelon. Admittedly highly hydrating, pakwan will therefore (in theory) keep you hydrated, and hang-over free.
- Comfort food. There are just some foods that hits you right there. For me it’s Chowking’s King Congee. Yun na yon. If I have that in the morning, I’m right as rain. It’s the perfect combination of carbs, MSG, and protein.
- H2O – Hydrate. I probably remember this kasi yun isang naging crush ko kept on telling me this after we partied a little too hard together. Hydrate, hydrate. Nothing beats water.
- Buko juice. – Hollywood is going gaga over this. It helps detox and flush out all toxins in your body. It’s the cleanest, purest liquid you can possibly in-take. Best served cold.
- Airborne – natutunan ko naman ‘to kay Oprah. She swears by it. And if Oprah says it’s good, then it’s good enough for me. I think I saw it being sold in Ace Hardware before. Pero it’s kinda hard to come by sa Pinas. Here, ang alternative daw ay Berocca. It’s a concoction of all sorts of vitamins, and minerals.
Whatever works, do it. Pray to Dionysus for mercy before going to sleep if you believe in that sort of thing. The point is to survive another day.
Share what you think works here at T.S.N…. coz god knows I need all the help I can get.
(pics from google images)