Summer naaaaa!!!! Umiinit na ang mga araw and madalas ko nakailangan magsuot ng shades ngayon…
This is my favorite time of the year… halata naman sa kulay ko na madalas ako nagbibilad… pero, kasama sa summer ang penitensya… no, I am not talking about Holy Week which coincidentally always falls during the summer months here. I am talking about the penitensya of getting to fit into that bathing suit.
What is summer without the beach? Lalo na para sa atin na nakatira in a country made out of 7100++ islands, halos isang kembot lang nasa tubig ka na, summer always equals frollicking in the buhangin and making tampisaw in the dagat.
But that also means wearing bathing suits… especially now na ang dali-daling mag share ng photos, I am sure you would want to look your best when your half naked… I know I would.
Madami na akong weight loss regimens na na-try. From working out to diets to sauna baths… here are some things I’ve tried (not necessarily recommending them…)
1. Diet Pills … yes, yes, I was a user. Different kinds like Fitrum, those which come in different colors (don’t judge me if you know what they are)
2. Master Cleanse… Beyoncé swears by it so it was good enough for me. A concoction of citrus, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup (google Master Cleanse for the full ingredients), it’s a liquid diet regimen which is supposed to last for several days. That’s all you take for about 10 days… I lasted 3 days and had a burger with bacon and molten cheese…
3. Lasema Spa… I already talked about this before (click here). Staying in the sauna’s can make you lose a lot of water weight. You can actually weigh in before going into the spa, and see the results immediately.
4. Skinny Juicery… you can find the write up on from earlier entries too. Again, liquid diet. Again, fail on day 3.
5. IChef Concepts… this would have to be my favorite. Gourmet diet food delivered to your doorstep, good for 7 days with 4 meals (including snacks). They mix it up so you don’t get sawa– there’s a different theme for every week. THIS actually made me lose weight. If you want to learn more check it out on facebook. Just don’t overdo this should you attempt try it.
6. No rice… yeah right.
7. After 6 diet… After 6 diet… no eating after 6pm. Works a bit for me. I think it’s supposed to be unhealthy for you to go to sleep before you(r) DIGEST YOUR food anyway.”
8. Bikram yoga… eto ang champion for me. 90 minutes in a room heated no lower than 45° C doing several positions. Although an effective weight loss program, it actually strengthens you, improves your posture, helps with blood circulation, and sweats you out like a pig. I used to go to Bikram Yoga Manila in Salcedo Village. Hopefully, I shall find myself doing yoga again soon.
Maybe you’ll find your own regimen soon. And make sure to remember whatever size or shape you are, you are perfect.