Pinakamasayang musical ever!
From the colorful costumes, to the tawdry lines, to the drama and the kissing scene — YES! There is a kissing scene and super kilig to the max… —- ang saya saya ko lang!
M scored us a few free VIP tickets for the matinee show last Sunday. Almost didn’t make it because the driveway at Resorts World was just crazy packed… and mostly with people heading to watch the musical.
The show featured all the things I love about people in drag… they’re witty, funny, sharp-tongued, flamboyant, surprisingly introspective, and strong as hell.
Priscilla: Queen of the Dessert was originally a movie produced Down Under. It was adopted for musical theater in Sydney and received global acclaim. Count on Resorts World to house a world-class production in Manila!
Some highlights for me:
1. Bituin Escalante as a Diva — there was no way you couldn’t single out that powerhouse voice even amidst the chorus singing.
2. Jon Santos as Bernadette — “Excuse me. Class coming through.” He played the hoity toity older drag queen to the hilt and nailed it! Sobrang girl! Nahiya ang vajayjay ko sa pagkagirl ni Bernadette.
3. Adam’s/Felicia’s lines — crass and cool… and always to the punch. And it wouldn’t have had such a great impact if Red Concepcion wasn’t delivering it.
4. Ms. Understanding — she opens the show with the gay dry sense of humor that builds up your anticipation for the rest of the show.
5. The lightning quick costume changes.
6. The costumes.
7. The amazing, shining, shimmering, splendid backdrops.
8. The courtship scenes.
9. The kissing scene. Hihihi.
10. The sexy men of the ensemble — Whaat?!! They were hot.
Go watch ASAP if you haven’t yet! It’s playing only until July 13 2014. Oh, and when it’s time to dance… just dance!